Chanpen
761 Ninth Ave. (@ 50th Street)
New York, NY 10019
212-586-6808
I've walked by this place so many times, when I went to lunch with a co-worker and he suggested Thai, I suggested Chanpen. Somehow, we both survived.
Decor: That odd fussy Asian vibe...linen napkins and elephants abound
Service: Attentive
Food: I had the curry patties and tofu pad sea eaw. Patties were quite good, but the pad sea eaw was unremarkable and the tofu was fried, which I wasn't a fan of. My friend had the spring rolls and some kind of chicken/veggie dish. He was, apparently, violently ill later that day, and barely survived the night. Meat-eaters, beware!
Overall: Any place that gives someone food poisoning, is not a place to revisit.
Grade: F
New York, NY 10019
212-586-6808
I've walked by this place so many times, when I went to lunch with a co-worker and he suggested Thai, I suggested Chanpen. Somehow, we both survived.
Decor: That odd fussy Asian vibe...linen napkins and elephants abound
Service: Attentive
Food: I had the curry patties and tofu pad sea eaw. Patties were quite good, but the pad sea eaw was unremarkable and the tofu was fried, which I wasn't a fan of. My friend had the spring rolls and some kind of chicken/veggie dish. He was, apparently, violently ill later that day, and barely survived the night. Meat-eaters, beware!
Overall: Any place that gives someone food poisoning, is not a place to revisit.
Grade: F

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home