Thursday, February 23, 2006

Midtown Sangria

This comes from Martha Stewart Living, which in turn took it from Spice, a restaurant in Atlanta. It's super easy to make and there's no soda in it.


Makes 8 servings

1 1/2 cups water
3 tablespoons orange clover honey
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
750 milliliters dry but fruity white wine like Sauv Blanc (I used Tasty Mantra! Manta Sauvignon Blanc)
1 1/2 cups apple juice
Various fruits for garnish (apples, oranges)

In a glass measuring cup or glass bowl, combine the water, honey and ground cinnamon and microwave at high power for 40 seconds. Stir well, then pour into a pitcher and add the white wine and apple juice. Refrigerate the sangria until chilled, about 2 hours. Stir the mixture well and pour the sangria into ice-filled wine glasses, then garnish with thin orange slices. (I added the fruit as soon as it was made so it could soak with the sangria in the fridge. I think this mellows out the wine taste a little.)

Grade: A

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home