Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Spinach Salad with Dried Cherries


This salad, from Everyday Food, was so delicious and it takes all of five minutes to make.

4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon dijon style mustard
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper
8 ounces baby spinach
1/2 cup thin slice red onions
1/2 cup dried cherries
1/4 cup raw shelled pumpkin seeds toasted (I used toasted pine nuts)

To toast the pumpkin seeds, spread in a single layer in a pie plate; bake in a 350-degree oven until pulled and brown, about ten minutes.

In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, and oil until combined and thickened; season with salt and pepper.

Add spinach, onion, and cherries; toss to combine. Serve immediately, topped with pumpkin seeds.

Grade: A+

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh that looks so good I'm going to make it right now! O.k. I lied. I'm too lazy. But I am going to order a spinach salad and make it another time! Thanks for the inspiration! ;)

4/07/2006 1:26 PM  
Blogger MXF said...

It is really my new favorite salad. And you can use sunflower seeds instead of pumpkin seeds or pine nuts. Sunflower seeds on salads is so good!

4/09/2006 6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home